Saturday, May 21, 2011

How do you like your rights violated? Bastrop High School Senior rubs it in

Via Friendly Atheist:

A public school district in Louisiana ought to have their asses sued right off them.


"I was initially chosen to deliver the invocation, but I was recently informed that I would be giving a moment of silence. However, before I fulfil my obligation, I would like to say that I am of the Christian faith. Now I respect those who do not share the same faith that I do. But at this time I would like to give thanks to the god who has made the class of 2011 a great success..." (followed by a long prayer)

No. She didn't respect the beliefs of others, and neither did anyone who clapped in that audience. Neither did the school officials who failed to cut her mic and ask her to leave the stage. They violated the rights of other people to not have to be subjected to their drivel. I don't know who that girl is, but she has been done a great disservice by a community that has raised her to believe that respecting the rights of others is the same as trampling all over said rights.

If you don't like the fact that our public schools are secular, then send your little fucking spawn to a private school, where they can say prayers all day long and none of us give a shit.

This is your tax dollars at work, turning out good little morons who can't think for themselves or follow the law, or more importantly, do what is right.

edit:

Via Death and Taxes, the student who trampled all over Damon's rights is named Sarah Barlow. Shame on her. And shame on the entire town.

No comments:

Post a Comment