Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Kingdom for a Golf Package!

I've been a bit busy lately, and have had better things to do than read the news (the stupidity, it only makes me angry) but I came across this today in my email, and just had to post it because it is humorous, on quite a few levels.

BTW, don't ask me how I got on the Republican's mailing list, I'm not entirely sure, but I certainly didn't ask for it.

Dear Supporter,

You only have one day left to register for your opportunity win a trip to the NRSC's first ever private Golf Outing with 7-time PGA Tour Winner Peter Jacobsen in Naples, FL.

We'll start the day with lunch and a golf clinic hosted by Peter Jacobsen. After you've tested the tips you've learned from Peter on the course, we'll have a cocktail reception and photos with Peter and Republican members of the U.S. Senate.

Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity. If you contribute at least $18 by tomorrow at midnight, representing the 18 seats the Democrats have to defend in 2010, you will be entered into a drawing to win an all expense paid trip for you and a guest to attend this special event.

Sincerely,

Cornyn

Senator John Cornyn
Chairman

Wow. So they're seeking campaign donations by giving away golf packages because... because? Could it be because they got nothing else to campaign on. Apparently fucking the American people over isn't a popular platform, but throw in a golf package and all aboard! The only people who haven't caught on to this are the ones with no critical thinking skills. I suppose one lucky dumbass will win a trip for two to Florida.

My kingdom, my kingdom for a golf package...

And yes, I altered the links, click them and enjoy the rickrolling LMAO

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I think you're right - they've got nothing else going. Perhaps we can hope for the best for those who accept this wonderful offer...Naples has lots of alligators, snakes and mosquitoes carrying deadly diseases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jacob is right, than the snake population in Naples just increased exponentially!
    But what a "cause".... just to vote them out..... no substance, even remotely.

    The GOP really are dinosaurs. Golfing dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete